March 22, 2016
Arts and Disability Connect scheme 2016
Deadline: Thursday 5 May 2016 at 5pm
For more information please contact Arts & Disability Ireland at 01 850 9002 or email email@example.com
Arts & Disability Ireland and the Arts Council announce Arts and Disability Connect (ADC) a scheme open to artists with disabilities working in any artform.
This scheme is designed to support artists with disabilities to make new and ambitious work. It offers artists the opportunity to: connect with other practitioners or venues; make a change in their practice; ‘step up’ in terms of scope and scale; reach new audiences and to engage in mentoring and training.
Funded by the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon and managed by Arts & Disability Ireland, ADC continues to be tailored closely to the needs of artists living in the Republic of Ireland in a way that complements other funding opportunities available.
Arts and Disability Connect has been created in response to the changing needs of the sector in the Republic of Ireland and in line with Arts Council commitments outlined in its “Arts and Disability Policy 2012 - 2016”.
Arts and Disability Connect has three funding strands:
Arts and Disability Connect New Work
2 awards of up to €8,000 each
For more established artists with a strong track record in their professional practice who wish to work with artists and arts partners to develop new work and present in established arts organisations, venues, and festivals etc.
Arts and Disability Connect Mentoring
3 awards of up to €2,000 each
For artists at all stages of career development including emerging artists who wish to engage in mentoring opportunities.
Arts and Disability Connect Training
3 awards of up to €1,000 each
For artists at all stages of career development, including emerging artists, who wish to engage in professional development and other learning opportunities.
Arts & Disability Ireland will be hosting information clinics in Dublin, Mayo and Wexford.
Tuesday 5th April, Linenhall Arts Centre Castlebar, Mayo at 3pm.
Wednesday 13th April, The National Opera House, Wexford at 3pm.
Thursday 14th April, Project Arts Centre, Dublin at 3pm.
To attend please RSVP by 4th April to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the venues are accessible for wheelchair users.
If you require speech to text, Irish Sign Language interpretation or an induction loop system please notify us by the 31st March. Please contact us if you have any access queries.
Application process and deadline:
All application forms, guidelines and information documents can be downloaded here:
A completed application form along with all supporting material must be sent to email@example.com using WeTransfer by 5pm on 5 May, 2016.
Please note: applicants may submit an application for only one strand of ADC i.e. you must choose to apply either for Arts and Disability Connect New Work or Arts and Disability Connect Mentoring or Arts and Disability Connect Training.
Contact Arts & Disability Ireland at 01 850 9002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tá leaganacha Gaeilge de na foirmeacha iarratais agus treoirlínte ar fáil ach iad a iarraidh.
- 'All Aboard!' - Arts and Disability commission from Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Croí Glan's 'Fancy Dress' and 'Remote' at Project Arts Centre
- Arts & Disability Ireland – Strategic Plan 2017-2021
- Audio described and ISL interpreted tours of The Souvenir Shop by Rita Duffy - marking the 1916 Rebellion
- Arts and Disability Connect scheme 2016
- Arts and Disability Connect scheme 2016
- WillFredd Theatre Company announce nationwide tour of CARE
- Arts & Disability Ireland and axis: Ballymun award their Performing Arts Residency, Playground For Artists With Disabilities to Kevin Nolan
- Fire Station Artists' Studios Skills 2016 – Sculpture Workshop and Skills Programme
- Arts Council and Arts & Disability Ireland announce Arts + Disability Connect recipients 2015
- National Disability Authority Gold Medal Award for Disability Research
- Performing Arts Awards: development of new accessible work
- Creative Thinking Network
- Ignite artist Simon Mckeown at Cork Culture Night
- Fire Station Artists’ Studios Awards and Bursaries 2016
- Arts and Disability Connect scheme 2014
- Discovery Pen
- Win 2 tickets to Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare in the Abbey Theatre on Sat 17th May 2pm.
- Updates from Ignite
- 35th Annual Éigse Award of €4000
- Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2014
- Free creative workshop week with Cork Ignite
- Upstart 2014
- 2014 VSA Playwright Discovery Competition
- The Jim McNaughton/TileStyle €10,000 Artist’s Bursary
- Preserve & Protect: Challenge & Innovate
- Call for Proposals from Performing Arts Practitioners: Arts and Disability Public Art Commission
- Music Matters seek Volunteers
- Have a small gathering, Mar 25th - Apr 12th to celebrate your arts and disability group
- International Arts & Disability group gathering in Wexford
- Curtain up for new recruits to join Blue Teapot Performing Arts School
- Mayo County Council Arts Office invites project proposals for UPSTART 2013
- Pathways to Practice Symposium
- Let it Roll Exhibition, Custom House Studios, Westport
- SEEDERS Exhibition with sculptures by Corina Duyn and tapestries by Pascale De Coninck
- Croi Glan New Double Bill Tour: An Outside Understanding and Gawky & Awkward
- AbleVision Ireland Film Festival
- Music Matters @ LIFT!
- Oska Bright Film Festival open for entries
- Looking for Accessible Performances? We have just the ticket! Audio Described and Captioned performances: September – December 2010
- Funding Alert! Irish Film Board - Virtual Cinema Bursary
- Arts Council Study Reveals Poor Living and Working Conditions of Artists, with 1 in 7 identifying as an artist with a disability